• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

found a wallet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlhazel

please help me and my family

What is the name of your state?sc I work at a hospital and I was cleaning the e.r. when I found a wallet and put it in my pocket until I was done cleaning.then lunch time came 15 minutes after it was found and i sat down and felt it in my pocket.I then called the bank of the man whose wallet was found told them where it was and who i was and then took it to e.r. registration desk.the woman e-mailed my boss saying unknown things(i dont know what the contents of the e-mail was) about the situation and i was fired .is it legal?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jlhazel said:
What is the name of your state?sc I work at a hospital and I was cleaning the e.r. when I found a wallet and put it in my pocket until I was done cleaning.then lunch time came 15 minutes after it was found and i sat down and felt it in my pocket.I then called the bank of the man whose wallet was found told them where it was and who i was and then took it to e.r. registration desk.the woman e-mailed my boss saying unknows things about it and i was fired is it legal.

My response:

Your post makes no sense after you mention that you took the wallet to the registration desk.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let's put it this way. There's nothing in your somewhat unintelligible post that indicates that it was NOT legal. They are free to fire you for:

1.) Not turning in the wallet immedidately
2.) Calling the bank of the man who lost it instead of the man himself
3.) Doing this before you took it to the registration desk

You have no legal right to see what was in the e-mail.

I hope this covers everything but if not, please clarify.

Venus05

Burning a Hole in your Pocket

I think that wallet was as the old cliche' goes "burning a hole in your pocket". Whatever intentions you had, carrying that wallet around with you for such a lengthy time made you look like you were attempting a malicious criminal act. You most definitely should have taken the wallet to the front desk/lost and found or whatever. You should have gotten it out of your possession A.S.A.P.! Live and learn..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">