• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Framed for embezzling possible conspiracy wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dedicatedServer

What is the name of your state? California

I work at a small california cafe/bistro type restaurant. Approximately 2 weeks ago I was laid off. I went through a typical day and then as I was walking out of the restaurant my boss called me asside and into his outside office. He began going off about lost revenue and employees not trying hard enough etc. He then claimed to have one or more parties come into the restaurant and dine in order to measure performance through a series of tests. He claimed that I had failed these tests. He went on to say that I should understand that buisiness relationships are different from social relationships and that this could possibly hurt him in the near future. Suggesting I was a very hard worker, even thinking me for all of my time and effort. He then proceeded to hand me a hand written final check and let me know anything more he discovered I had earned would arrive in the mail. I requested atleast a good reference for a future job from him shook hands and was on my way.

A week later I am confronted a close friend of mine whom is the ex husband of a girl currently working at the restaurant she had informed him of a meeting that took place where the boss claimed that I had been caught on the security cameras stealing money from the register and this was the reason for my termination. I was obviously extremely shocked and confused at this point. Later after further inquery of the girl still working at the restaurant she informed my friend that I had been doubling the ammounts of the tip on the credit slips. I have no desire of stealing no knowledge of this being possible and definitly lack the knowledge of the credit system required to pull this off. I was under the impression that the boss checked the entire history of the atm machine and the register on a regular basis. My friend suspecting foul play was able to get ahold of a copy of this girls bank statement for the same month and period that I was fired. She had claimed that approximately 2000$ had been embezzled. On the bank statement he noticed nearly 3500$ were deposited in a 5 day period. Which is quite impossible to amass from the small restaurant no matter how many hours worked or quality of service. Later when he questioned her about the exact amount he mentioned the number 3500$ and she said yes showing deception in her story. I had an associate of mine enter the restaurant and inquire about the state of the restaurant and learned the best friend of the same girl also currently working at the restaurant had been placed on administrative leave at about the same time I was fired. At this point I am extremely confused about the whole situation and where my next step should be, I am not out to collect a huge settlement or ruin any individual I would just like to clear my name as I feel this character deffamation may inhibit me from ever continuing my work as a server in this county again. I would work many 11 hour days without even a 5 minute break and cover for anyone any time they asked. I am extremely hurt that I am obviously being used as a scape goat for one or more people and their insidious plot. I appreciate any advice and can provide more information apon request. Thanks in advance.

- A Hardworking dedicated server

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">