• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustration with interviews and hiring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bob Wehrle

i am in the state of illinois. my point is i have had a terrible time getting hired for any decent job since i filed for bankruptcy in '94. it has been pure hell. i try to keep a positive attitude, but i do believe that because i am a white male over 40, divorced and bankrupt with bad credit that nobody wants to hire me. i have no recourse because as soon as i see eeoc at the bottom of an application i know that i will not be hired because i will not fill the quota and at the same time, i am over 40 which means i am too old for the job. nobody wants me. i have inteviewed every week, but to no avail. i also think that i am being blackballed from a previous employer. i have no cronies nor do i have any nepotism to fall back on like many whites do. i am truly feeling the crunch. help me, please. i also know that prospective employers have checked my credit because i have received from trw and et al, a letter after my interview, stating that a prospective employer has checked my credit. i am verrrrrrrrrrry frustrated. i am also set to write the president, George Bush, about my plight, but am waiting to hear from you first.

V

videog1rl2

regarding credit checks

I also have been facing the same problem with going to interviews and them wanting to do these background checks plus credits checks. I've been told that I can refuse them but when you are in desperation as I am....you do anything sometimes to give up your rights so you can pay your bills. I wrote a letter to my Congressman, both my representatives, and the President about this matter. The information that they can find on your credit report are things that they can't legally ask you...but they are finding loopholes to get this information. People make mistakes in their lifes and learn from that. This is just human nature and should be looked at as so. Here I am in my late 20's and a white female. Jobs aren't that prosperous at all it seems for either of us.

Only thing that I strongly recommend is writing to your Congressman, Representatives and the President and help me try to get a voice out there about our rights being violated. Check out http://www.mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=http://www.mtv.com/mtv/tubescan/ffyr/goingon.html&sub=shows this is a website for locating your local representatives plus the president's email address.

I am still waiting to hear back from my representatives and if they don't give me the answers that I'm looking for I plan on contacting the local newspaper and maybe Time magazine regarding these issues.

I hope that is some help on speaking out.

Good luck!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">