• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FTA on background check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah040308

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I just got hired for a job. they are doing the background check probably as I write this. It is for a credit card company, I will work from home. i found out a couple weeks ago that I had a failure to appear for not showing up for the hearing. The case was in appeal for over 6 years. I totally thought the case was dropped. the original charge was for a misdemeanor. (disorderly conduct) the FTA was issued a couple months ago...The only way i found out was by playing around on the internet..and "there I was" anyways, I have my lawyer currently filing a motion to withdraw the warrant..My court date should be in about 10 days, and everything will be staightened out. will this show up on my background check? I told them about the misdemeanor. but never said the anything about the failure to appear. I did not want to go into what happened, but now im afraid I might lose the job due to this. Please any info would be great. I will find out tomorrow or next day for the job. This would be the only thing that would not get me hired, This happened 6 years ago, I feel like Im being punished for a case that I honestly thought was dismissed...now this..a FTA especially when I really need a job. Thank you

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
All background checks are not created equal. Whether or not the FTA will show on a background check will depend on how thorough a check is done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">