• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full/Part Time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lenskir

This may not be the forum for this issue, so please redirect me if inappropriate.
I work for a large retailer in Michigan. My staff was recently changed from salaried to hourly positions. (I lost 3/4 of my staff due to the scare tactics used in this change.)
32 - 40 hours is considered "full time" and is required for full time benefits. I would like to protect my staff, so have the following questions:
1. If scheduled for less than 32 hours, what recourse does the employee have?
2. Can a full time employee be forced to become part time?
3. If working less than "full time" hours, can the employee apply for partial unemployment?
Being middle management, I am between a rock and a hard place. However, I feel that it is my obligation to protect my staff and would like to be able to advise them if possible.

Thanks for your help,
Berta

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">