• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full time employment but part time pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

forever?ing

i work in massachusetts at a private day/boarding school as a dorm director. during the 9 month school year, i am required to live in the dorm 24/7 with one weekend off a month. i have a 12 month contract and recieve a 12 month stipend (i can live on campus when school is not in session.) total hours worked = 126hrs/week (68 hours awake and 58 hours overnight.) my employer says 1) the position is part-time and not eligible for benefits and 2)must be considered part-time because if it were a full time position, i would have to pay taxes on my "increased income" calculated on living in a house on campus. i don't understand, and despite asking several times, i have not gotten an explanation from the business office or head's office. where can i find answers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">