• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

future employment apps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tx_coco

What is the name of your state? texas

my boyfriend was fired for theft (a salad that he'd been told he could take home, but his manager later denied the permission). i suggested to him that he ask if he could resign and he was told that he could.

my question is, how does he address termination and/or resignation for theft on future applications? they pretty much all ask "have you ever been disciplined or terminated for theft..?"

also, how does he address the question "have you ever resigned after having been notified you were going to be terminated?"

help! neither one of us has ever been in this situation before, and we've each been working more than 20 years apiece. in his 20 years of working (only 1.5 yrs at the current employer), he's never received any disciplinary action of any kind.

eerelations

If he was allowed to resign, then that's what he should state he did. If he's asked about it in an interview, he should be completely truthful - employers respond 'way better to truth than they do about dishsonesty that they find out about later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">