• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave 2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cupcakes2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I gave my 2 weeks notice to my employer with the date and time on my resignation letter. I wrote in there that I would work my last day my shift 7-3pm. And that I resigned my postion at 3pm. Well, they wouldn't let me leave, they made me work another shift from 3pm-11pm. They said that it was a law regardless, wheather it stated the time, I asked them to show it to me, and of course they wouldn't.b Also i did a exit interview 1 week before this.
Could someone clarify this for me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I gave my 2 weeks notice to my employer with the date and time on my resignation letter. I wrote in there that I would work my last day my shift 7-3pm. And that I resigned my postion at 3pm. Well, they wouldn't let me leave, they made me work another shift from 3pm-11pm. They said that it was a law regardless, wheather it stated the time, I asked them to show it to me, and of course they wouldn't.b Also i did a exit interview 1 week before this.
Could someone clarify this for me.
Nobody forced you to work...

pattytx

OK, so you worked a double shift. As long as you got paid correctly for it, no harm, no foul. It's not an employment law, but it very well could cause you problems with your license.

I'm not sure what you want to pursue. It's over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">