• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Geen Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whistleblower

Mississippi

My employer is asking me to fake interview so that one of my employees can get a green card. what should I do?

seniorjudge

Q: My employer is asking me to fake interview so that one of my employees can get a green card. what should I do?

A: If you are asking if you should commit a crime, the answer is no.

Beth3

whistleblower said:
Mississippi

My employer is asking me to fake interview so that one of my employees can get a green card. what should I do?
Huh? What does asking you to a fake interview (or performing a fake interview) have to do with one of your employees getting a green card? I've handled permanent resident visas for employees and I don't see the connection.

seniorjudge

Beth3 said:
Huh? What does asking you to a fake interview (or performing a fake interview) have to do with one of your employees getting a green card? I've handled permanent resident visas for employees and I don't see the connection.
It was for a fake green card.

Beth3

Even if that's the case, I still don't see what the OP's being involved in an interview interview has to do with it. :confused:

seniorjudge

Beth3 said:
Even if that's the case, I still don't see what the OP's being involved in an interview interview has to do with it. :confused:
That's the fake part.

By the way, what is "an interview interview"?

Beth3

whistleblower said:
They want me to disqualify candidates so it justifies no US applicants.
Okay. I understand exactly what the issue is. In order to sponsor this individual for a permanent residency visa, the company needs to demonstrate that reasonable recruiting methods have resulted in no other viable candidates. Been there, done that. All you need to do is interview the necessary individuals from the pool of candidates for this particular job. Then report the results (whether favorable or unfavorable in terms of their fit for the position) to the manager who has given you this task. Let him or her handle it from there. You're apparently not the one who will be preparing and filing all the necessary document with the INS and DOL. Usually an attorney handles that unless your company has a someone on staff with this kind of expertise. Unless you work for a very large company with in-house legal, it's quite likely that an outside attorney will be handling all the paperwork. It's quite complicated; definitely not a do-it-yourself job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">