• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gender discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hdwaugerman

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was hired and put on the company's drivers insurance. Worked for 3 weeks. On the Friday of my last week, the boss called me and said that due to the loss of an expected contract, there would not be any field work available for me the following week (because I was the newest employee), however, he would try to find some lab work for me. The following Monday he called and said there was not anything available in the lab either. He said I should look for work elsewhere if I wanted steady pay. He emailed me a reference letter and said he would let me know if anything came up with them. I have since learned that he hired a male the following week and two more after that. These guys are doing the same thing I was. I was the only female on the field crew. Is there anything I can do about this?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you believe that the SOLE reason you were fired was due to your gender, you can file a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state discrimination board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">