• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Fired off the clock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

So you're saying a person can get fired when NOT on company time???? Your boss can just call you at home and say "hey Joe,,,just called to say,You're fired".

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. Congratulations on catching on so quickly.

las365

You are starting to seem trollish with your questions, disneykid52. If you have a real situation you want advice about, please describe it for us.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Now you're adding features that were not in your original post, but yes, for doing nothing wrong. Florida, like every other state in the US except Montana, and even including Montana in some circumstances, is an at-will state. You can quit at any time and for any reason, and you can be fired at any time and for any reason not explicitly prohibited by law. Including no reason at all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ahhhhhh,,,,but if you get fired for no apparent reason, then you can collect unemployment.
No, that's not (necessarily) true. Did you have a real question...or are you just here to feed tidbits and try to look better?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">