• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting a job offer, then telling me they don't have a job to offer - texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmccunn

i was offered a job by one company, gave a letter of resignation to my current employer for a one weeks notice. On the friday before i was to start my new job, i called to confirm the time i should arrive. he told me he was excited, and to be there at 8:30 am. two hours later he called back to tell me that they have a hiring freeze that was emplemented after they hired me last week. there was nothing he could do. now i don't have a job at either place. i am totally devistated...help

6/14/01...They ended up offering me 2 weeks severence pay.

[Edited by tmccunn on 06-14-2001 at 06:54 PM]

D

D. D. Lessenberry

I'm sorry. Unless there was a written agreement ("form of agreement"--contract law), you have no contract for employment.

B

blabott

I had pretty much the same situtation, but did sign an offer letter...Any chance for some type of severance/good faith payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">