• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sgmdigital

Hello, I need some serious advise. I am a Web Designer for a firm in Hollywood, CA working for them for 4yrs. On Aug. 1 two principals in our office were laid off. I was told by my manager that we were on a 30day survival period, meaning if he did not make an x amount of money before Sept 1 they will have to close our office down and lay off the remainding 3 people in our division.

My question is am I entitled to any severance upon being laid off. I have not gone through this procedure, therefore am clueless.

Also, I wanted to file a workers comp. because my arm, wrist and back is in constant pain. I requested 1 year ago from my manager a better desk with bottom tray for my keyboard and he told me there was not budget. I am in pain all the time. Should I make a claim?

HomeGuru

I am not sure about the severance since it would be dictated by State law and company policy.
With respect to the injury, go to see an MD right away.

S

sgmdigital

What if we don't a company policy? Does anyone know where
would be a good reference on the State Law that pertains to severance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">