• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my tool box back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berry102

What is the name of your state? IL My problem is that I recently quit my job to start a new job and my old employer has my tool box. I have never ordered anything thru him for my tool box, but as part of a advertisment sponser I did use his contacts to recieve items for my vehicle to promote his bussines. Can he hold my tools and tool box saying that I owe him for the work that was done to my truck? Any advice would be helpfull. thank you

Sockeye

Berry, if he didn't pay out any funds and unless there was any signed agreement stating he had part ownership,then no, he can't hold the tools.

This sounds like it would be best handled by the local police since he has property of yours he's refusing to turn over.

berry102

Thank you all went well

Thank you very much. I printed out the information that you gave me and took it to him today and was able to pick up my personal effects and final pay check with no problems.
Again Thank you

Sockeye

berry102 said:
Thank you very much. I printed out the information that you gave me and took it to him today and was able to pick up my personal effects and final pay check with no problems.
Again Thank you
Excellant! Good job handling this yourself, so much simpler (and quicker) that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">