• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting paycheck from old job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drjordan

My old job I worked for a surveying company was bouncing checks they said it woulden't happen again but it did, I left the job and found a new one but I never received my last 40 hour paycheck owed to me I want to send them a letter but I am not sure how to word it I would appreciate any help

B

buddy2bear

Just come straight flat out and tell them that you would like to receive your paycheck for the week ending ______, in the amount of $____, minus all applicable taxes, within 10 days from their receipt of your letter. Send it by certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested.

Copy (and show that you have at bottom of letter) your Better Business Bureau and your state's wage and hour division.

At the end of the 13 days, if you have not received your paycheck and cashed it, then call your Better Business Bureau and state's wage & hour division and ask them what they will do to help you get your paycheck. If they cannot help, then you have to go to your district court, talk to a clerk, fill out paperwork, pay a fee, and file a small claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">