• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting the shaft on vacation pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnnyaico

I work at a dot.com in California that's about to close its doors. For the past three months, me and several other senior managers were kind enough to take a voluntary pay cut of 75% (until 1/1/01), in exchange for stock. Now that we're going to get layed off, we are supposed to get paid our accrued vacation. I just found out that those of us who took the pay cut are going to get our vacation pay at the reduced pay rate - while those who didn't take the pay cut, are getting the full amount. Is this legal?

So basically, we are being penalized for being team players and helping the company survive a little longer. I think that we should get paid at our original rate. Is there anything I could do legally to get paid at my regular base rate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">