• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting sued for breaking a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isabelle

What is the name of your state? CO

I recieved a summons on Saturday. I am being sued by my former employer( a PD) for breaking a 2 year contract. I had known that I would be expected to sign the contact. I was employed with them 2 weeks and then they made me sign the contract. I was told I would be fired if I did not sign it. Although I was told every week that I could be terminated with no reason. I worked for them 90 days, and I was to be on probation for 1 year.

The reason I left was because of harrassement and discrimation by my training officer.
It was so bad I had to get on Prozac and told my employer I needed a couple of weeks to adjust to the medication, I did not feel right at all and did not feel comfortable carrying a gun or feel capable of doing my job as a police office. I told then I would take the time UNPAID, but felt I could not do the job until the side effects wore off.
The next call was asking me when I would return to turn in my equipment.

Is there anything I can do? I feel this is completly over the top and the anxiety is running at an all time high.

Thanks!What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are being sued, you don't need a message board; you need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">