• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

give notice then terminated. Unnemployment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geminiwithwings

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was talking to a coworker of mine about when you quit our company they don't pay you your earned vacation pay and I know WI deosn't require it either it is also this companies practice that if you give your 2 weeks notice the let you go right there. I have been hearing mixed stories that if a company does that you are intitled to unemployment because they are terminating employment when you are willling to work but more importantly if the pay you your vacation time for those 2 weeks you can't get unemployment because they fullfilled the 2 week notice is there any validy to this.

eerelations

Yes this is somewhat correct. If the company lets you go immediately and DOESN'T pay your vacation pay, then you may be entitled to UI benefits for the rest of the notice period. If the company DOES pay out you vacation pay and it covers the entire notice period, then you won't get UI benefits for that period because you've already been paid (i.e., vacation pay) for that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">