• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving two weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyday123

What is the name of your state? PA
My husband just gave his two weeks... If his employer makes it unbearable to stay there must he stay the full two weeks because he already specified he would in the letter?

Thanks in advance

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not under the law. He can leave whenever he feels like it. But if he doesn't stay the entire time he promised to, the employer is free to mention that fact in any references he provides.

Check with the local or State Employment board..

Check the white pages, or at each job-site a public posting of the Employment Board is supposed to be posted about minimum wages, etc. Ask them about the situation. Also, if your husband has any vacation time he could go to the HR department (if they have one) and explain why he wishes to use up the vacation time or finish out as an LOA (leave of absence) due to the harrassment.

Also, check with the Unemployment office website about your husband's right to unemployment benefits based on "why" he had to leave the current job (harrassment). They may have info for you on this as well.

mlane58

enricosuave said:
Check the white pages, or at each job-site a public posting of the Employment Board is supposed to be posted about minimum wages, etc. Ask them about the situation. Also, if your husband has any vacation time he could go to the HR department (if they have one) and explain why he wishes to use up the vacation time or finish out as an LOA (leave of absence) due to the harrassment.

Also, check with the Unemployment office website about your husband's right to unemployment benefits based on "why" he had to leave the current job (harrassment). They may have info for you on this as well.
What are you talking about? Re-read the original post, the OP didn't ask anything about minimum wage, unemployment or using benefit time.

Re-read my reply..

Duh. I know she wasn't asking about minimum wages, etc. I simply mentioned that the husband could find the phone number to the Labor/Employment board where the flyer about those topics is posted at his job-site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">