• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to leave!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jobber

WA state: A few years ago, I wrote a personal testimonial for my company which they published for customers to see and to help attract new employees (i.e. this company is great to work for etc.). I am now at the point where I realize that my company and I have different views on how a business should treat its employees and will be leaving soon. However, I am deeply concerned they will continue to use the piece that I had written to continue promoting themselves, even though I am no longer with the company. I was never paid to do the piece and they have used it in the past without my knowledge for other promotions. Is that written material their property or mine? Can I legally ask them to stop using my testimonial and name after I have left?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">