• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got demoted for Personality Conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wndrwoman4

Arizona: I am in property management as an assistant manager and recently got transferred to another property because of a personality conflict. Just 3 weeks previous to this I received a merit raise. They then demoted me to leasing consultant and decreased my pay down to what a new leasing consultant would start at. Are they legally allowed to demote and decrease my pay even though it was not because of work performance?

[Edited by wndrwoman4 on 05-12-2001 at 06:58 PM]

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Unless you are a union employee, you have very little recourse. Employers can fire/demote for no reason or any reason.

As I see it (from experience, not practicing law), get your resume in order and start looking. I see the demotion as an attempt to frustrate you out of the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">