• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got fired for going to the hospital...Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babydivax

I live in Georgia..

I had a severe dysplasia and had to get a surgery. I had to miss work for 2~3 hours a day for about 7 days out of 7 month period for doctor's appointment. After I told my lady boss that I had a dermatologist appointment on Monday, she told me my skin was dirty and started verbally abusing me during lunch time in front of my fellow workers. Then that day they fired me giving me 2 reasons. One was that they don't think i fit into their company. Other was that I go to the hospital too often. They never gave me a warning. My work is considered excellent and my designed items sells best in the company. So this didn't make sense at all!
My lady boss also told people that my lunch smelled so bad that she wanted to throw up. She would also say you eat too many hot stuff. Your personality might be twisted so people should be careful around you. (She's a vegetarian)
She also said that our design was so unfashionable and didn't know who would wear such a thing.
I started developing anxiety attacks because of her.
They also overworked us. Our work hours are 9am ~6pm but sometimes make us work until 12am and never paid us over time.
They are still selling my designed jewelry, which is selling very well and it's keeping the company run. They fired me right after I finished designing for their next big show in NY. Can I stop them from selling my designed items?

Last edited:

Beth3

Can I stop them from selling my designed items? Unless you had some sort of contract to the contrary, they own the designs you made while you were employed by them. They paid you to create the designs.

Our work hours are 9am ~6pm but sometimes make us work until 12am and never paid us over time. I suggest you contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint for the unpaid overtime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">