• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got fired with no specific reasons!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pink-pink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, I really need help! I just got fired by my employer yesterday. I just started this job two weeks ago and they sent me to NY for a trade show, stayed there for 8 days. And when I went to work yesterday, I was fired without explanations. There was a jealous co-worker who tried to make up stuff and told lies to recruiter and president. Since president trust this recruiter very much that he decided to fire me even though I was the one who was attacked by this jealous co-worker. My contract said that first 3 months are trial period in Japanese, does contract written in Japanese work in the U.S.?

I actually moved in my apartment for this job last Friday with 6 months lease agreement when I came back from NY and I only slept there for a night...but now I'm responsible for 6 months rent which I have no idea how I'll be able to pay without my job. Is there anyway I can sue the company to pay for my apartment lease?

I already moved out my apartment last night and left keys at management office.

I look forward to receiving your advice!! Thank you!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, I really need help! I just got fired by my employer yesterday. I just started this job two weeks ago and they sent me to NY for a trade show, stayed there for 8 days. And when I went to work yesterday, I was fired without explanations. There was a jealous co-worker who tried to make up stuff and told lies to recruiter and president. Since president trust this recruiter very much that he decided to fire me even though I was the one who was attacked by this jealous co-worker. My contract said that first 3 months are trial period in Japanese, does contract written in Japanese work in the U.S.?

I actually moved in my apartment for this job last Friday with 6 months lease agreement when I came back from NY and I only slept there for a night...but now I'm responsible for 6 months rent which I have no idea how I'll be able to pay without my job. Is there anyway I can sue the company to pay for my apartment lease?

I already moved out my apartment last night and left keys at management office.

I look forward to receiving your advice!! Thank you!!!
Nothing illegal has occurred.

Regarding the language used for the contract...did you understand it? If so, then it's perfectly valid. Even if you didn't, it *might* be valid...and if it somehow turns out to NOT be valid, you're actually in no better shape!

commentator

If you have been working other places for the past two years (in New York or wherever) you need to go to the unemployment office or call in in California and file for your unemployment benefits.

They can move the wages from wherever you have made them, and will very likely approve your claim based on the reason you left your last employer, which was that you were let go after two weeks for performance/compatibility, whim of the employer reasons. In other words, they didn't really have any good reason to terminate you, but they did. And unfortunately, they can do so without obligation.

Maybe you can find another job soon, after you get your unemployment benefits going, and will turn out to have made a good move, even though this particular job did not work out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">