• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got written up...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DSACU1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I work for Blockbuster. Last Thursday the District Manager (who is always negative) came in and told the store manager what to change and fix and whatnot. When a customer enters the store the employees have to say hello and greet them. I did just that. Then a bit later I was standing behind the counter, feeling sick and trying not to pass out from low blood sugar, and she snapped at me "Instead of standing just standing there between customers, can you go organize the BSI?" (BSI is all the older movies). I said Ok and waited for her to elaborate on how she wanted me to "organize" since there are multiple definitions of the word. And she gets anal when things arent done to her liking. She looked back at me like I was a complete idiot so I got defensive and asked with some sarcasm "how would you like me to organize them?"

Anyway, to make a long story short, She wrote me up for failing to say hello to her when she came in (which I did). On the same write up she said that when she asked me to organize the stuff, I said Ok and turned around and continued to watch the movie that was playing (which I know didnt happen.)

Now I am wondering if I have the right to view the security tape from that day so I know for a fact that what I am writing in my rebuttal is correct. And what happens if I do have the right to see it, but I am refused permission? And any other advice on this situation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

The security videos belong to the company and you have no legal right to demand to see them. You can ask, but they can legally say no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">