• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gov't clearance revoked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skywalker

I work for the US Government and have just been notified that they plan on revoking my clearance after 18 years of employment and that I will be fired because of it since my position requires a clearance.

Further they have stated that since, in their opinion, seperation because I no longer meet the requirements of having a clearance is separation for cause which means that I will not get any severence pay.

Is this true?

M

mrsmelody

I just was reading your post & you are so far the only person I can find who works for the Goverment. I am pending employment w/INS. Why, if I might ask,did you loose your clearance? Did you do something wrong?

S

skywalker

to clarify things. The Government is required to pay severence if, after the probationary period, an employee is involuntarily separated. This includes things such as poor performance but does not include separation for misconduct.

Does the loss of a security clearance constitute misconduct?

S

skywalker

one more thing. The security clearance was not lost for any reason pertaining to the job and nobody, including the security manager and my present supervisor feels that I am a security risk. I did have some problems with a former supervisor who claimed that my problems from being raped were faked in an attempt to pull something over on him and threatened to have me fired if I didn't "get my act together" He is now retired but is good friends with the organization commander who is the only one insisting that I am a security risk. Both of these men are military (O-5 and O-6 level) and come from the black ops areas where the O-6 is reportedly a hero for opperations in the drug wars in central america and elsewhere. He has publicly stated to the organization that it is OK to break the rules to get things done as long as you are right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">