• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gov't Contractor Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csporluck

I am employed as a Gov't Contractor. I found out my company did not recieve a renewal for the contract, and the fed gov't determined it doesn't need the position filled by a contractor.

My company knows they didn't win the bid to continue filling my slot, but haven't informed me of anything. in fact, they refuse to return my calls and supply me with any information and even act rude (which I know isn't breaking the law).

Is there any legal obligation on the part of my employer to advise me that my position is no longer going to exist in a couple months?

Beth3

Is there any legal obligation on the part of my employer to advise me that my position is no longer going to exist in a couple months? No. It would be the courteous thing to do of course but no law compels them to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">