• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

h1B Employment Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NJ

I am on h1B visa.I have signed a contract with my existing employer in Apr'2006 for 1 year/2080 hours. Now i am getting better oppertunity with other employer. As per contract i have completed 1 year but , not 2080 hours. So, please can anybody tell me that can i switch to other employer ?? Is this consider as a breaking of contract ??

I do not have exact knowledge of law But, some of the post says employment contract is invalid in h1B Visa.. Is this True ??

Thanks in Advance

Vipul

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You will have to show the contract to an attorney in your state, preferably someone versed in immigration law. We cannot comment on the enforceability of a contract we have not read.

I am not aware of any law making employment contracts illegal for employees on work visas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">