• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimsp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York State
I am employed at Company A and posted as Consultant to Company B. But there is Company C in the middle which has the contract project of Company B. Company A signs another agreement with Company C. Basically Company B pays Company C and C takes some money and pays Company A and A takes some money and then pays me.
Now I want to transfer my H1B to another company X but Company C does not want to release papers for the transfer to take place. They say why I want to move, you have to have a viable reason like "Company A is not paying you" prove it.
Note that my contract has expired a long time with company A and I dont know why company C has its words to say when I need to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">