• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

had chest pains and told to go to emergency room

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lday1993

Ohio, is where I reside. I was at work and was having chest pains after a week of vacation I came to work and was pushing shopping carts. I normally do this every day as it is my job as a cart associate. The problem is this, I went to work after going to the emergency room and being told that my muscle pains in my chest correlated to what my job of pushing carts could cause. It wasn't serious but needed to take it easy for a week at work Doctor said and put on note no cart pushing for me, but could do other light duty stuff at work. They told me to fill out a personal leave of absence and that there was no guarantee that when I came back to work in a week that I would have a job still. My questions are thus. Is it legal to tell someone to go to the emergency room then basically let them know that you probably wont have a job when your doctor ordered week of light duty is over? and Do I have legal recourse if they fire me for me having sustained a on the job injury?

Thanks to everyone for looking.

ecmst12

How long have you worked for this employer? Have you worked at least 1250 hours in the past 12 months? How many employees are there within 75 miles of your location?

is this a workmans comp claim? Man, just pushing something around ... if its heavy or hard it may be a WC claim.

I would file just to cover your bases....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">