• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hair color on an employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toothbrush

Hi, I am a dentist in Illinois. we do not have an office manual but it is understood that professionalism is expected from everyone. One of my assistants have gone out and got her self an orangish-redish hair color. Do I have the right to tell her to change her hair color? Thanks

D

D. D. Lessenberry

I an not an attorney. Any advice I give is just from experience.

You probably have the right, as you are a small "company." However, do you want a humiliated, irritated employee? Have clients commented?

If she were the dental assistant, I could understand no black nail polish, extensions, diamond chips in nails, etc.

Click on my profile to see what I do. Where I work, the women dress in suits; the men look like they're going out to mow the lawn (see, that's my opinion of their appearance!)

In any case, good luck on your decision.

------------------
I *don't* have an attitude, even if my writing makes me look like I do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">