• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hair follicle test paperwork wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m0trh3d

What is the name of your state? Indiana..

I have a question about the hair follicle test given during a pre-employment screening. I believe that the nurse ( well I know she did) filled out the paperwork incorrectly. The form shows four blocks one for hair on head, chest hair, under arm hair, and arm hair, and then there is a block for other. The nurse that conducted the test took the sample from my chin/facial hair so she used the "other" block and wrote in on the line next to other "chin/facial hair", but directly under this "other" line it say "must specify approval code" and the nurse while taking my facial hair told me that she was required to get an approval code from the lab whenever she uses the "other" block but she said that she didn't have the time for that so she was just going to write in "chin/facial hair" and see if they take it.
So, in light of this I believe that they are required to give me a second test with properly filed out paperwork.
That would be illegal for them to not fill out paperwork properly, right?
I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

Beth3

No, it wouldn't be illegal. It might give rise to an argument that the results are invalid but that's all. Not being familiar with the science of drug testing from hair specimens, it might not even give rise to that.

I'm missing something here, which is what's the big deal? She identifed what area of the body the hair was collected from. Unless a false positive comes back from the lab, why does any of this matter?

ENASNI

I Know!

Beth3 said:
No, it wouldn't be illegal. It might give rise to an argument that the results are invalid but that's all. Not being familiar with the science of drug testing from hair specimens, it might not even give rise to that.

I'm missing something here, which is what's the big deal? She identifed what area of the body the hair was collected from. Unless a false positive comes back from the lab, why does any of this matter?

Methinks she was trying to get a job as the Easter bunny... and the test came back showing that she was allergic to carrots...

Now if the paperwork was incorrect...she would next time sneak in someone elses hair who wasn't allergic and she could get the job!

Have a good day Beth! :)

(sorry poster... giddy... its Friday!)

Beth3

ENASNI said:
[/B]

Methinks she was trying to get a job as the Easter bunny... and the test came back showing that she was allergic to carrots...

Now if the paperwork was incorrect...she would next time sneak in someone elses hair who wasn't allergic and she could get the job!

Have a good day Beth! :)

(sorry poster... giddy... its Friday!)
Since the poster mentioned a chin/facial hair sample, I'm sort of hoping it's a he, not a she. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">