• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Haircuts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benjamin reagan

ok im 17 and i work at sears essentials and i recently got my hair cut to a mohegin its i mohawk basicaly with a 1guard on the sides and the actual mohawk part is a 2 guard so its short and clean cut well my department manager said he would be making the schedule next week and if i didnt cut my hair i wouldnt be on the schedule is that legal to do just because he doesnt like my hair?

ecmst12

Anywhere in the US, it's legal. Employers are allowed to have standards for personal appearance and dress. Go work at Hot Topic if you want to have a wild haircut.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're going to learn as you continue working that there are a WHOLE LOT of things that are legal that you aren't going to like.

cyjeff

You know what is amazing...

that people that do such things to their appearance feel that no one can do anything about it.

There is no law that protects your haircut.

Yes, you can be shorted hours or even terminated for it.

Welcome to the world of grown ups... population you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">