• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handbook Question if Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PoemGirl16

What is the name of your state?FL

When I started working I never received a handbook or had to sign anything about the job.
Now last week they came out with a new handbook with the date of JAn. 2005 on it even that one of the other people from work showed me the other one that was given to her Jan. 2005. Is it legal to keep the same date on it even you revised a lot of thing in it?

I never sign on how much I have to sell now they are telling me that I have to sell a certain amount. They never gave me anything written. Also if I don't sell they will let me go.

In addition it is saying in the handbook that if I had a sick day in the time I'm getting terminated that sick time will be deducted from my last paycheck. Can they do that?

To this day I have not signed anything and nothing was given to me in writing.

I need help. Please I'm on my last nerve.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is it legal to keep the same date on it even you revised a lot of thing in it?

Yes.

I never sign on how much I have to sell now they are telling me that I have to sell a certain amount.

Nothing in the law says you have to sign off on or agree to any policies or sales requirements.

They never gave me anything written.

They are not required to.

Also if I don't sell they will let me go.

That is completely legal; also completely reasonable. What are you there for if not to sell?

In addition it is saying in the handbook that if I had a sick day in the time I'm getting terminated that sick time will be deducted from my last paycheck. Can they do that?

If you are non-exempt yes; if you are exempt it depends on their overall sick time policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">