• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

retsmah

I live in Indiana.
I was recently called into HR by my boss and the corporate manager with intent to be fired. They read off some info on things that I had done that were not true. When I corrected them, they scurried around for something to say. I was dismissed with my job intact. I feel like the POW that has just gone thru a mock execution. I of course cannot feel comfortable doing my job now and have alot of undue stress over their blunder. I have had several people tell me that I was being harassed. Is that true? and if it is, what should I do?

JETX

Three choices:
1) Forget about it and continue on working and getting paid, or
2) Quit and find another job, or
3) Sell everything you own and borrow all you can borrow to finance a lawsuit against your employer (no attorney will take this on contingency). Then, find another job. Then, wait several years for a trial (if it gets that far) and find out you have a weak, or no, case.

Sorry, that those are the realities of this issue.

R

retsmah

I think I'll take the first choice while I work on the second choice.
Thanks for being so frank!

R

retsmah

Poor Steve,
Is this what he gets for trying to help?
He deserves more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

retsmah said:
Poor Steve,
Is this what he gets for trying to help?
He deserves more.
My response:

I always believed Steve deserved more, too.

Okay. Let's start calling him "John".

IAAL

P.S. Steve and I have "known" each other on these boards for more than a year and a half. Both of us relish those rare moments when we can, with good nature, raz each other. Steve's a great guy, and I joke with him with great respect.

IAAL

R

retsmah

Wait a minute, my name is John. . .
I appreciate the humour also.
Thanks for the advice guys!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">