• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment after employment termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dp2005

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Well, I switched my employer who eventually placed me with the same Client as the previous employer. So my employer is raising this issue with the client that how I got released from previous project when it was not over. And my former employer is wants that my client should terminate my assignment with them. This will leave me with no other job offer and ultimately will cause me financial losses. I would appreciate if someone could advise what my options are? Can my former employer force the client to terminate my contract with my new employer? Is there any law that would allow me to compensate my financial loss because of the cancellation of assignment forced by my employer?

Thanking you in advance.

BelizeBreeze

Christ, did you graduate from school yet? Try English as an alternative language.

As to your question, it depends entirely on the representation contract you signed with the former employer.

As someone who deals with these contracts daily, I would suggest you read it word for word. Because you'll find something in there you won't like.

dp2005

More help needed

I have an offer letter from employer that says I can't join client for one year. But my new employer eventually place me with the same client!!!!

So now what are my options??

BelizeBreeze

dp2005 said:
I have an offer letter from employer that says I can't join client for one year. But my new employer eventually place me with the same client!!!!

So now what are my options??
find employment elsewhere.

dp2005

More help

If my client denies to terminate the my contract, can my employer sue me...... what are the chances of employer taking this step.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">