• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrasment/wrongful Suspension/termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CHARLIE00

What is the name of your state?

I live in Tennessee. I recently was suspended from my job with the possibility of being fired at the end of my unpaid suspension. My director told me he had no idea how long the suspension would last and that I only had a 50/50 chance. This suspension I feel was wrong. When I was employed by this company about 8 months ago the then Director was aware I worked for a similer company and he was aware of the exact location. Not only this I was reccomended for the job by another employee who was a lead supervisor employed at the same location as myself. There was also another employee working the same job as myself who left this employment before I was hired with the knowledge of the then Director. Both those employees have since left on there own accord. When this new Director took over the first thing he stated to me was that he heard I worked at this other posistion. I acknowledge this statement. He then stated He would accept my two weeks notice. Being that I really needed this job I told him I would check with my other job and see if they would move me to another location. No location came about that was acceptable. About one month later this Director showed up at my other work site at 4:30 a.m. and just stated he was passing thru on the way to work. (Although this is not on the way.) He then stated he would talk to me the next day. When I reported for work he stated he was suspending pending corporate review, meaning most likely I would be terminated. Since I was allowed to do this by the person that hired me, is this illegal? Also he states this is policy, but I have never seen it. Even if thats true, is that not superceded once hired? The next part of the story is I believe that this stemed from retaliation. The first example is as follows. Myself and another employee who was a lead supervisor was accused by a female supervisor of thalking to each other in a foul manner, at which time she stated she told us this offended her. This never happened but she reported it to our asst. director who saw nothing of it but did nothing about my complaint of this false accusation. When the new director took over I mentioned this to him along with other harrasment issues such as. On a certain day of the week especially, but other days also, I was routinley assigned to the same posistion even though everyone is supposed to be rotated. I brought this to the directors attention who stated he doesnt make the schedule and I would have to talk to her. I told him I would try. After asking if she could possibly put me somewhere else, she stated how could she when I would just talk all day to the other employees. I told her how could she punish me for something I havent did yet. I then wrote this down to the new director and not to long after this I was suspended. One last thing. Prior to this I was wrote up for frivolous things, such as carring a cell phone on my side which is not part of the uniform, and policy states this but it is a fact that others wear theres openley along withother non issued items and nothing is ever said to them. Is there anything in this statement that I have a case for? Also the director told me I had no leg to stand on when it came to the assigment because he checked and I was being treated fairly. but the deployment sheets are written in pencil and are easliy erased. The past director was moved for unknown reasons but is still employed by this company in Albany, NY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">