• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassed at work with Boss's Knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James05

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I was caled into a meeting with Boss and Co-worker- Co-Worker called me a Slimy thievin Person and made threatening physical gestures, that I immediately left the room. My Boss sent me an e mail stating that he felt the remarks were slanderous and that he was going to write up the co-worker.

Fo 2 months the Co-Worker and another colleagues made my life hell, not adhering to the Corp Handbook for cooperation and treament of others. They discovered I was interviewing somewhere else and wrote in large letters the name of the company I was interviewing and wrote other words like Victim on it to let me know they were directing it towards me. I went to the CEO and told him my dillema and stated I would not have been looking ( Recruiter contacted me) if something was done about them. He stated he would look into it, proceeded to tell me that they were written up, a week later I was put on a performance plan that had no objectives, the following month I was terminated....I am in sales and I was about to have the best sales month of anyone there. I have threatened to sue, the CEO made me an offer I countered and he countered that?
Do I have a case I have al e mails regarding this, and if so how do I make my case? What type of liability is there?

James05 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I was caled into a meeting with Boss and Co-worker- Co-Worker called me a Slimy thievin Person and made threatening physical gestures, that I immediately left the room. My Boss sent me an e mail stating that he felt the remarks were slanderous and that he was going to write up the co-worker.

Fo 2 months the Co-Worker and another colleagues made my life hell, not adhering to the Corp Handbook for cooperation and treament of others. They discovered I was interviewing somewhere else and wrote in large letters the name of the company I was interviewing and wrote other words like Victim on it to let me know they were directing it towards me. I went to the CEO and told him my dillema and stated I would not have been looking ( Recruiter contacted me) if something was done about them. He stated he would look into it, proceeded to tell me that they were written up, a week later I was put on a performance plan that had no objectives, the following month I was terminated....I am in sales and I was about to have the best sales month of anyone there. I have threatened to sue, the CEO made me an offer I countered and he countered that?
Do I have a case I have al e mails regarding this, and if so how do I make my case? What type of liability is there?
You have no case. You can go to your new job with confidence. You'll prosper while your former colleagues go nowhere.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On the basis of the facts you have posted, what you describe does not meet the definition of illegal harassment and your termination was legal.

Nothing in your post gives you any legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">