• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment? Can you be forced to quit? long...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stupidme2

What is the name of your state?
Texas

i worked for a gas drilling company for almost 2 years. During these 2 years they constantly badgered me about my hours even though I was a salaried employee who did not have to punch a time clock. They being the HR lady and her possee which included her daughter, her best friend's daughter and her ex-nail girl. Hmmm...conflict of interest? Anyways, I believe that they had issues with me because I was pregnant shortly after I was hired. After my maternity leave, they kept accussing me of falsifying my time sheet which is basically just an excel spreadsheet into which we put that we worked 40 hours a week. I was never written up for these accusations and I went to the president of the company in Oct. and Nov. with comlaints about it. He said he would get back to me and never did. My immediate supervisor was on my side so we agreed that I would just e-mail him every time I was in or out and attach the e-mails to my time sheet. We thought for sure this would be the end of the ordeal. Not so. During all of these accusations they never once wrote me up and in fact I received a $4000 per year raise and a $1200 bonus. In February my immediate supervisor was terminated and although I was upset by that, I stuck around most in part because of the nice raise and bonus. But last week, I got called into "we are allowed to tell you her title's" office and she accused me of the same thing. I flat out refused to talk to her about it and left her office. She followed me to my desk and asked if I was quitting. I said no. She then made me go back to her office where she told me to take the rest of the week off to decide if I was quitting. I told her I had no intentions of quitting and that I did not want to take the week off. They cut off my computer log ins and basically forced me to take off. I did end up giving 2 weeks notice citing the pressure to quit and constant false accusations as my reason for leaving. They paid my two weeks and asked me to leave. Any thoughts on this? I filed for unemployment just to spite them, but I am hoping I can get it since they basically forced me to quit. Thanks!!

Beth3

During these 2 years they constantly badgered me about my hours even though I was a salaried employee who did not have to punch a time clock. Being a salaried employee does not mean you can come and go as you please or not be expected to keep to a strict work schedule.

They being the HR lady and her possee which included her daughter, her best friend's daughter and her ex-nail girl. Hmmm...conflict of interest? That is not a conflict of interest.

Anyways, I believe that they had issues with me because I was pregnant shortly after I was hired. After my maternity leave, Sounds like you didn't qualify for FMLA due to your short tenure with the company; consequently they didn't have to offer you any maternity leave at all.

they kept accussing me of falsifying my time sheet which is basically just an excel spreadsheet into which we put that we worked 40 hours a week. I was never written up for these accusations and I went to the president of the company in Oct. and Nov. with comlaints about it. He said he would get back to me and never did. My immediate supervisor was on my side so we agreed that I would just e-mail him every time I was in or out and attach the e-mails to my time sheet. So are you saying you would record that you worked 40 hours each week even though you didn't always do so?

We thought for sure this would be the end of the ordeal. Not so. During all of these accusations they never once wrote me up and in fact I received a $4000 per year raise and a $1200 bonus. In February my immediate supervisor was terminated and although I was upset by that, I stuck around most in part because of the nice raise and bonus. Which was your choice.

But last week, I got called into "we are allowed to tell you her title's" office Huh???

and she accused me of the same thing. I flat out refused to talk to her about it and left her office. Then you were insubordinate.

She followed me to my desk and asked if I was quitting. I said no. She then made me go back to her office where she told me to take the rest of the week off to decide if I was quitting. I told her I had no intentions of quitting and that I did not want to take the week off. They cut off my computer log ins and basically forced me to take off. They were free to do that.

I did end up giving 2 weeks notice citing the pressure to quit and constant false accusations as my reason for leaving. They paid my two weeks and asked me to leave. Any thoughts on this? Nothing you describe in your post constitutes any prohibited/illegal behavior on the part of the employer.

I filed for unemployment just to spite them, but I am hoping I can get it since they basically forced me to quit. You may have had a good reason to quit but you weren't forced to quit. I doubt you will be eligible for UC benefits as what you describe does not constitute constructive discharge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">