• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have proof supervisor lied and got me fired.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skunkman

I worked for the largest retail company in the world until this past Tuesday. I had been offered three postions last September in Management. I was to start training this week. This is what happened to me. I had jury duty a week ago Friday and last Thursday. I didn't know what I was suppose to do or how to do it, so I went to my immediate supervisor. AND did just as she told me too. WELL, it seems she was wrong!!! Yes, I needed to bring in a note from the court, which I did. BUT I was suppose to work the hours I was not in court, not get paid for the whole day as she said. I have proof that I did call both from phone company(long distance calls) and the associate I spoke to AND supervisor signed and turned in first Hour adjustment paper after I called to say I had note and see if I was to report to work.

Bottom line is I thought she knew what she was talking about, second the personal office put the hours in and an Assistant Manager signed my second slip and NO ONE said that is was wrong.......... They feel that it is stealing time and rightfuly so. I told the truth about the amount of time I was in court. But did as my supervisor told me to.

I also received a phone call last night and was told me that my supervisor had made the comment that "that bitch won't make me look bad again." Seems she was upset because the group of us got together, because of me, and made the management team Christmas gifts without her. She blames me, although I did ask her if she wanted to be included and she said no. Guess our gifts were better than hers?

On Tuesday our store manager called me in and asked me to sign a paper stating that I had "Lied" and fired me. I have proof that I didn't lie and when I pointed it out to the manager he told me to use the "open door policy" and go higher, which I am doing. I worked for this company for three years, was off for three years due to a family illness and this time was there for 9 months. I am working with the homeoffice on getting my job back but it could take a while, can I collect unemployment in the mean time? Will it affect getting rehired? Can they use it against me? Can I get the company or supervisor for defamation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">