• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksblond

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?kansas

I work for a national call center. I was fired because of low QPE scores (needed to have an 85% or better)my scores 79% ,81%, and 62%. They wouldn't give me the points on my calls because I didn't say the transition and the closing statements word for word (verbatim).

But when it comes to making sales offers to customer they want you to use personalized statements even though the offers only states facts about the products.
I can walk around the call center and listen to anyone else and they are not doing the transition and the closing statements verbatim and they are not using personalized statements on each and every product.
I feel I was unfairly treated because they held me to a higher standard than others.
My sales are in the top of my classification, I have perfect attendance, no tardies and a lot of accomadations.

We have a union and I put in a grievence with them.

panzertanker

ksblond said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?kansas

I work for a national call center. I was fired because of low QPE scores (needed to have an 85% or better)my scores 79% ,81%, and 62%. They wouldn't give me the points on my calls because I didn't say the transition and the closing statements word for word (verbatim).

But when it comes to making sales offers to customer they want you to use personalized statements even though the offers only states facts about the products.
I can walk around the call center and listen to anyone else and they are not doing the transition and the closing statements verbatim and they are not using personalized statements on each and every product.
I feel I was unfairly treated because they held me to a higher standard than others.
My sales are in the top of my classification, I have perfect attendance, no tardies and a lot of accomadations.

We have a union and I put in a grievence with them.
So what's your question, blondie?

ksblond

I feel that they are judging my wording for the closing differently than others. How can other employees not say the closing verbatim and still get the point on their review, while I get counted off because I didn't say it word for word????????? Isn't that unfair treatment??

Also I feel they were picking the bad calls to give me my reviews on. Out of all the reviews only on 1 call they have me recorded selling a product.(I believe this because when you sell products you get bonus points and thus my call scores would have been higher than 85%.)

I just feel this is a little fishy.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have valid and supportable evidence that you are being treated differently BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin etc. or BECAUSE you applied for or utilized a right or benefit that is protected under the law (workers comp, FMLA, attending a union organizational meeting etc.) this falls into the "possibly unfair but not illegal" category.

ksblond

So employers under the law can hold different employees to different standards and judge them differently even though they are to judge your calls based on the same expectations???????

wushukungfoo

In a word, Yep.

The situation sucks, but I have to agree with cbg. If they're not violating the law (like doing it because of your ethnicity, etc.) then you've got nothing. Yes, they can do it even if they just "don't like" you.

However, just remember that you have the option of putting up with it, or not. Other jobs can be sought.

ksblond

Thanks for all the replies...I don't really want to believe it...oh by the way I was 1 week away from a year of service and was going to be at top pay(this is two and a half times what they pay the new hires now)..

Scotter1955

ksblond said:
Thanks for all the replies...I don't really want to believe it...oh by the way I was 1 week away from a year of service and was going to be at top pay(this is two and a half times what they pay the new hires now)..
This happens all the time in Telemarketing Firms ! Get rid of High Paying People bring in the rookies- stupid but true.. Or send the jobs overseas !

ksblond

kansas

I have my unemployment telephone interview on Wednesday. They said you are disqualified if you are discharged (fired) for misconduct connectedwiththe work. They define "misconduct" as a violation of duty or obligation reasonably owed the employer as a condition of employment.

Do you think they are going to disqualify me for receiving payments based on my info I gave in the previous post????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">