• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Unlucky_64

Florida:

Would it be wrongful termination if I was fired after being illegally arrested? I have the F.S. 776.032 is what made the arrest illegal. If the charges are dropped would they have to give me my job back, since the termination was based on the illegal arrest??

AL HR

1) Would it be wrongful termination if I was fired after being illegally arrested?
No, wrongful termination is legal terminology which would not apply in your case. The termination was legal.

2) If the charges are dropped would they have to give me my job back, since the termination was based on the illegal arrest??
No, they are under no obligation to give you your job back.

Beth3

Since we know nothing about whether you used justifiable force, whether the police officer determined there was probable cause at the time to believe you used unjustifiable force, or whether the "force" in question was used against a police officer, nobody here can know whether you were illegally arrested or not. Even if you were, your employer does not have to give you your job back.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Wrongful termination does not mean what most people think it means. It does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law, which is not the case here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">