• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bleusz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

How do I know if I am eligible for Unemployment? What are the rules?

ecmst12

You have to file for it, then you'll find out if you're eligible. Anyone can file, it's free and if you are not approved you lose nothing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You file for unemployment and see what they say. There is no penalty for being wrong, and if they say no, you're no worse off than you would have been if you didn't apply at all.

Put it this way. If you do apply, you might get benefits. If you don't apply, you won't get benefits.

commentator

Must have covered wages in the last 18 months from Georgia or another state, or a combination of such. Must have left your last job through no fault of your own. Must be able, available and actively seeking full time work. As the fellows said, no cost, nothing lost except the amount of time you will wait trying to get in on the call in system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">