• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaddyBlue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was working for a restraunt for over a year when I was hurt on the job. I was on workmans comp for over two weeks and came back to work. After 2 months of me being back from workmans comp my boss let me go for this reason...He couldn't afford me anymore and I was fired.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was working for a restraunt for over a year when I was hurt on the job. I was on workmans comp for over two weeks and came back to work. After 2 months of me being back from workmans comp my boss let me go for this reason...He couldn't afford me anymore and I was fired.
There is nothing illegal about that. Times are tough, and many people are in the same boat as you are.

commentator

If he couldn't afford you anymore, you were not fired, you were laid off due to lack of work. Did you file for your unemployment benefits? You should have, and should still do so if you have not. If he had fired you for filing the worker's comp claim, that would have been an issue, called retaliatiory firing. But if he told you not that you have done something wrong, but that he could not afford to keep you, even though he may have kept other employees, that is still a lay off, which gets you unemployment insurance till you can find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">