• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kub21

I work for a newspaper in California. Recently they "laid my supervisor off", which I have been doing her job since March 2001 with no pay raise. My supervisor happens to be my mother. Which will come into affect later. My situation is this. I had a baby in March of 99, at that time my son could come to work with me. I had an incident with my son drinking out of a dirty cup. (I didn't make a big deal with anyone. I just simply went home. I thought my son drank out of a cup who belong to a person who is HIV positive. I didn't say anything to anybody, I just went home for the day.) A co-worker heard another co-worker calling the main office telling them the situation. Two days later it was made corporate policy no children allowed in the building only for visitions. They only gave us 24hour notice. In the policy it clearly states that if you fail to follow the rules you will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination. Since that time 2 other employees brought their children in several times. No write up or discipline was handed out. I feel that this was done delibertly to me.

The second complaint I have is that I have worked for the paper for 5 years, the publisher in charge is my 5th. My 1st publisher and I and my mom had an agreement that instead of getting paid for our overtime, we can charge 1 tank of gas on the company bill per week. Now this has become an issue. Mind you the new publisher has been there for 2 years and has not had a problem with it. He has also charged gas for his personel vechile while he gets a car allowance and he made the same agreement with three other employees. But we seem to be getting the raw end of the deal.

The third complaint is that I recently had a second baby. Out of loyalty to the company I worked up to the day of my labor. While I was in the hospital and recovery I asked if I could get paid my vaction and sick time. My supervisor looked at our handbook which clearly states that you may use any accured vaction time or other accrued paid time off as part of your PDL before taking the remainder of your leave on an unpaid basis. So my supervisor asked the publisher, he said yes paid her. Now he has told the main office that she paid me without his knowledge, and paid me regular wages not sick or vaction.

This man has lied on at least one deposition, which can be proved. He leaves me notes with very rude and mean comments on them, which I have copies of all. He has paid a women 10 weeks of sick and vacation time with her not even being there 10 months. I don't think all this is fair and is this harassment for him to single my mother and me out? I need some kind of help, should I seek advice from attorney or get fired and say good-bye. I don't know the laws so I don't even know if this is a case. Please Help me, and I am sorry this is so long.

L

lawrat

I am not saying this to be mean but by the look of your post it sounds as if there may be a language barrier. Are you sure you understood everything? It is a bit difficult to follow your problem in this note. In any case, it may be a case but the charging the gas tank thing is a little weird and I am not sure if it sounds right or legal to me.

As for the children, that again is another issue.

As for your mom, I don't know how this all ties in...it is way too confusing to me.

As for your child, HIV???????????????????
"The virus cannot be contracted in many of the ways people think it can. There is a very low concentration of the virus in tears and saliva, so these cases of transmission are very rare. "

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=58792

Knowledge is power and you are so misinformed.

Try a labor or employment attorney at http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">