• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrToney2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. My former employer had been sending my child support payments to the wrong agency for about 4 months. My license ended up being suspended and I was not able to drive anywhere for about 6 weeks. I was to be paid until my license was reinstated, but my last check did not reflect that agreement that was offered by my former manager. Is ther any course of action that can be taken about what happened?

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. My former employer had been sending my child support payments to the wrong agency for about 4 months. My license ended up being suspended and I was not able to drive anywhere for about 6 weeks. I was to be paid until my license was reinstated, but my last check did not reflect that agreement that was offered by my former manager. Is ther any course of action that can be taken about what happened?
Where was the money sent to?

It shouldn't be terribly hard to get the money back from the incorrect agency and then applied to your case. So far this sounds like a an acctg/clerical error that can be rectified.

What kind of action are you looking to take?
Did you lose your job?

Why did you post under hiring/firing/wrongful termination?

swalsh411

When you contacted the agency where the money was actually sent, what did they say? Do you also owe them money on another case?

Why were you not verifying that what was being taken out of your check was being correctly applied?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">