• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with being eligible for unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

king4

What is the name of your state? California

I am resigning my job because I was asked to move to New York and I refused, at which point they asked me to resign. Would this qualify me for unemployment? Also should I put this in my resignation letter or just use a basic simple letter as is usually recommended.

When the state office will contact my employer for their input, who will be contacted, HR or my boss? HR doesn't know my situation, only my boss does, so I'm not sure whether to include my full set of circumstances in the resignation letter, I just don't want anything used against me.

Thank you!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether you will or will not be eligible for unemployment is very state and situation specific. No one but an adjudicator for your state's unemployment office can give you a definite answer to your question. Absolutely you should apply, however.

Who will receive the unemployment information from the state is entirely up to your company policy. Usually it's HR but the law does not dictate that this be the case - it's up to your employer who gets it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">