• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help denied unemployment due to gross misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

busterandbabs

What is the name of your state?New Jersey . My husband was fired on may 24 and had not gotten two prior pay checks. His boss said that he would be selling the business and it was for the best and that hubby should file for unemployment. His boss then said that my husband was fired for gross misconduct?? The boss has been having trouble with the IRS and we feel somehow he has doctored something. We got a notice about an appeal but got it a few days to late as we went out of town to our house in another state to seek employment there. My husband felt he simply wouldnt fight it because he got a great job that very week. Now we see this letter and it mentions criminal actions etc.. can he go to jail for this?? He stole nothing, he worked there for 7 years in a two man company and never has there been a dime missing. We are feeling he is going to make my husbad the scapegoat for the irs. He has slandered my husbands name and my husband cant do that line of work anymore, he was fearful my husband would steal accounts. Just to show the employers ethical standards he was charged with defrauding the united states post office in 1997 in florida. How do we persue a case?? We cant afford tons of legal fee's, will this be on my husbands record?? Will charges automaticly be pressed?? How do we go about this. I just had a baby and have been on leave, we are down to our last dimes, he doesnt ge a real paycheck for another month because he is in training. Please help!

Beth3

Now we see this letter and it mentions criminal actions etc.. What letter are you referring to? A letter from the business owner?

Your post is quite confusing. Please take a deep breath and repost, explaining who this letter is from and exactly what criminal action it refers to. Additionally, WHO was charged with defrauding the post office in 1997? Your husband or the company owner?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">