• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with employment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julie298

What is the name of your state?NY
about 3 months ago I was caught shoplifting and got a summary offense for it. after i do the requirements, my record gets expunged. i am 18 and going to college next year. how badly will this affect my possibly employment after college? i had a clean record before and i deeply regret what I did.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It will probably not affect it at all. What you need to do is be sure you answer honestly any questions that are put to you (even an expunged record occasionally slips througha background check). Many, many employers will forgive a single mistake as a teenager as long as you are honest and upfront about it; what they won't forgive is lying. You don't have to volunteer the information if you aren't asked for it, but if you are, tell the truth and you should be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">