• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help... need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freeks

im in pennsylvania... i am a new truck driver, 5 days after graduating truck driving school, and obtaining my class a cdl, I was terminated for an accident I had 2 days after I got hired. I had the accident I'll admit to it, and take full responsibility for the accident in itself. what i want to know is was the termination valid. according to the companies policy, if your a new driver then it is mandatory that you have another driver with you for 2-6 weeks, however, after i constantly requested another driver to be with me, they never gave me. The accident i had, i was only going about 4 mph, so no, no one got killed or injured, infact there wasn't another persons even involved in it. however, if the company followed their own policy and put another driver with me which is mandatory according to them, then the accident itself might have never happened. do I have a case?

F

freeks

Im not looking to sue because of the termination, i was wondering if i would have a case, because they didnt follow their own policy of having another driver with me. having another set of eyes with me could've prevented the accident to begin with. I wasnt even thinking about filing a lawsuit until I told the story to other drivers and managers of the company, and they said that I should talk to an attorney, because the company in itself didnt follow their own policy with the mandatory 2nd driver. and the fact that being a new driver and getting fired for having an accident at such a slow rate of speed, was something they never even heard of before. they also stated that new drivers who have slow speed or slow maneuvering accidents dont get fired after having just one. so basically i guess my entire question is do i have a right to sue because the company did not follow its own policy which could've prevented the accident?

O

oberauerdorf

What part of "Your termination was perfectly legal" didn't you understand?

Did I say you have no case to sue? No. Did I say you are right, the company didn't follow their own procedures? No.

I said simply "Your termination was perfectly legal". Now, any other issues are moot. PERIOD

F

freeks

dont get rude with me, i know what you stated, I read it, I understood it, thats why I reposted... all I want to know is if i have a case or not, and even then in your 2nd post, you failed to give a clear answer...

"did i say you have no case, no", does that mean I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It was perfectly legal for them to terminate you. You do not have a case to sue because the company did not follow their own policies. You do not have a case to sue at all.

Now, is that perfectly clear?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">