• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmar

Help Needed, fired and now they are calling me...

What is the name of your state? Texas

I will try to keep it short: Large retail chain: 10years company time, 5 1/2 management. I never had issues until new GM came on board in Augus of 05. Never had a write up, etc until October 05. I was fired for a he said she said incident, write up states integrity, not really having permission for overtime. I did and I have proof. I know it is an "at will state" so there's not really much there, however, it is on my record that I "threatened the GM with calling ethics" and I was shortly thereafter fired.... could be retaliation? This was in December and now, they are calling me, asking about an advertising bill I left unpaid due to the fact I was fired before I could send it to billing. We can advertise on a local level and I had permission from previous district management but they no longer work for company either (left on own terms). However, company is calling leaving vmail asking about a charge and wanting me to call back before they take further action. Can they call me after the fact? Can I be held liable? Previous district bosses say ignore the calls-- you are no longer a representative. What do I need to do? The amount is around $350.00

This manager also brought up that I had been fired to another associate during an interview. The district manager also called this associate and told him I was fired. I did not think you could do that? but reading other posts, looks like you can.

Thanks,
J

Last edited:

robert eberz

employment law

Texas: If a job applicant states they had a previous worker's comp claim against a prior employer, can this be investigation prior to giving the applicant a condiational job offer?

jmar

Hey Robert,

I think you are asking a new question on my thread. If so, you gotta go in and make your own new thread so someone will answer. I would help you, but I am afraid, the reason I am on here is because I have question as well. I hope someone who reads this can help us both :)

HomeGuru

jmar said:
Hey Robert,

I think you are asking a new question on my thread. If so, you gotta go in and make your own new thread so someone will answer. I would help you, but I am afraid, the reason I am on here is because I have question as well. I hope someone who reads this can help us both :)

**A: correct**************...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in your post suggests that any laws have been violated. Even if this is "retaliation" not all retaliation is illegal and this would not be; nothing in the law says that they cannot call you after your termination (nothing in the law says that you have to answer them, either) and nothing in the law says they cannot tell anyone you were fired. In fact, in some circumstances (although not the ones you describe) they can possibly be held liable and legal action taken against them if they DON'T say you were fired and for what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">